Back

Introduce yourself, make friends and influence people

Moderator: ukcharts

imcal
Top Ten

Back

Postby imcal » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:55 am

Following health issues and a issue involving a former teacher and my son :cry: which he has been jailed for, i am back.

Ok i lost my database of my cd collection (i did have 2 copies and 1 hdd failed and my hotmail account got taken so i lost both) so i`m going through that now as i type adding my cd collection, remember i only deal in flac, i collect cd`s from all over the place so may have stuff you are after, i will post a link to a site once ive done say 5,000 of my cd`s then that site will be updated everytime i add a couple of hundred cd`s etc.

Bassman
Number One

Re: Back

Postby Bassman » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi Cal

I've sent you a PM.

Cheers

Bassman

Theo
Number One

Postby Theo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 pm

imcal wrote:Following health issues and a issue involving a former teacher and my son :cry: which he has been jailed for, i am back.

Ok i lost my database of my cd collection (i did have 2 copies and 1 hdd failed and my hotmail account got taken so i lost both) so i`m going through that now as i type adding my cd collection, remember i only deal in flac, i collect cd`s from all over the place so may have stuff you are after, i will post a link to a site once ive done say 5,000 of my cd`s then that site will be updated everytime i add a couple of hundred cd`s etc.

Sorry to hear that :shock:

Lossless CD singles sounds great, do you use a program to rip that checks them for errors, such as DBPowerAmp or Easy/Exact Audio Copy? I would recommend you do. Hope you see this message... I'm going to be collecting UK #1 and #2 hits up to the present day so some of those CD singles would definitely be useful!

Bassman
Number One

Postby Bassman » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:27 am

Theo - Contact Kirk - he's doing FLAC files for 1950's and 1960's top 40 which he is checking thoroughly for errors and ensuring they are not just mp3 files converted up.

Tel

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 am

The flac collection was initially going to be Top 40 but has increased to a Top 75 (50s & 60s)
Not the least due to the wonderful contributions by Rob (Triangualtor) who sourced many of the disks for us and recorded them on his new Audio Technica AT-LP120 turntable.
A lot were never on CD. We hope they pass muster with cleaning and de-crackle etc. I know some certainly will as they were done by a professional and results are outstanding.

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:56 am

I've got a few thousand CD singles sitting here too. As time allows I can rip my #1s and #2s, although I've probably got most of them in flac "versions" already.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
U K C H A R T S
-- webmaster --
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:06 am

We can accommodate more flacs... and the next macro sheet will able to play them too .

Theo
Number One

Postby Theo » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:49 pm

ukcharts wrote:I've got a few thousand CD singles sitting here too. As time allows I can rip my #1s and #2s, although I've probably got most of them in flac "versions" already.

That would be great! I know most #1s from the CD single era are easily available in that format, but I'm keen to have rips from the original singles. That way you definitely know you have the 'hit' version! I only have a couple of dozen which I'm happy to share (along with anything else in my collection).

Theo
Number One

Postby Theo » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Bassman wrote:Theo - Contact Kirk - he's doing FLAC files for 1950's and 1960's top 40 which he is checking thoroughly for errors and ensuring they are not just mp3 files converted up.

Tel

Thanks - I'm already in touch with Kirk. I'm currently working through my CD collection to convert them to lossless. I'll PM you.

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:27 pm

Theo wrote:
ukcharts wrote:I've got a few thousand CD singles sitting here too. As time allows I can rip my #1s and #2s, although I've probably got most of them in flac "versions" already.

That would be great! I know most #1s from the CD single era are easily available in that format, but I'm keen to have rips from the original singles. That way you definitely know you have the 'hit' version! I only have a couple of dozen which I'm happy to share (along with anything else in my collection).

No worries. Just need to get a CD player for my PC :)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

U K C H A R T S

-- webmaster --

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Theo
Number One

Postby Theo » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Oh dear, did you buy one without a drive?! :)

pothole50
Looking For Gigs

Postby pothole50 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:31 pm

It is good to have you back I have been following this projetct for a few years now and the various posts on the newsgroups but the posts and uploads seem to have dried up now. I did have the whole collection from 54-79 but after a hard drive crash I lost them all. I managed to get some back but now I am having to fill the gaps with youtube mp3's which throws the checksum out. Hopefully the posts will soon start again so I can complete my collection as this is a great project.

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum !
It's a shame but the newsgroups ain't what they used t'be ! :)

Send me a PM and I'll give you some details that may help.

Cheers - Kirk

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Theo wrote:Oh dear, did you buy one without a drive?! :)

Sort of - It's an ex-office machine, but it's showing its age now and both the internal and external CD/DVD drives that I've tried just confuse the USB drivers. I do have a far newer machine here waiting to be installed, I'll get around to that sometime in the new year!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

U K C H A R T S

-- webmaster --

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Return to “Non Project Related Chat”