u77_455 Rags - Promises, Promises

ABBA to Yvonne Fair, ABC to Zoom

Moderators: ukcharts, Bassman

rejects
Number One

u77_455 Rags - Promises, Promises

Postby rejects » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:22 pm

This 7" has been secured for the group and if I've not messed up then the label and sleeve scans should be in the 1970s newsgroup anytime now. I know I've not been the most reliable member of the board but the vinyl rip will follow in both flac and 320k/s mp3, I've not got my PC setup for ripping vinyl at the moment but I intend doing so over the next few days.

I was a bit disappointed though to see some of the scans I provided a couple of years ago didn't make it into the final cut, eg Sex Pistols - "Pretty Vacant" sleeve scans, I think I provided "Holidays in the Sun" as well, and the version in the 1977 zip file is the 2007 reissue. Were these scans substandard and if so are the Rags scans OK?

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: u77_455 Rags - Promises, Promises

Postby kirkm » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Rejects,

Just downloaded the jpg's, thanks! There's nothing wrong with them (wish all were that good) and I'll make sure Lonnie gets them. Looking forward to the mp3's and the rips are much appreciated
Can't explain the labels not used thing, we'd never do that normally. In our library, both ones you mention have 2 sets of labels, are the Red/Green ones the 2007 reissue? If yes, we'll remove them. I presume the others are your ones.

Cheers - Kirk

rejects
Number One

Postby rejects » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:00 pm

I have good and bad news regarding this 7". The good news is that I have ripped it and sent a link to flac and 320k/s mp3 copies to the Britburn email address. The bad news is that my bank cocked up and Usenetserver have terminated my account so I'm without Usenet until I get that sorted, so I can't upload it to the group. Feel free to do so.

The original Sex Pistols labels are the blue ones, the green/red are reissues from I think 1979. It was the sleeves I was referring to though, the "Holidays in the Sun" sleeve doesn't have a barcode and I also uploaded "Pretty Vacant", at least the scan is still on my hard drive in one of the folders I uploaded so I would assume I uploaded it.

rejects
Number One

Postby rejects » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:12 pm

I forgot to tag this Britburn but both the flac and mp3 of both sides are in the a.b.sounds.1970s.mp3 newsgroup. I haven't added any EQ or filtering, this is exactly as it came from the 7". This 7" sold quite well in my neck of the woods but isn't so easy to find elsewhere in the UK particularly in its PS, enjoy.

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:25 am

Thanks very much rejects... just getting them now :)

Cheers - Kirk

Return to ā€œ1970sā€