Another Album Post

Adam Faith to Wink Martindale, Ain't Misbehavin' to Zing A Little Zong

Moderator: kirkm

Bassman
Number One

Another Album Post

Postby Bassman » Sat May 03, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi All

A second 1950's Album post has been made into the 1950's Newsgroup. It is the remaining 1956 charting albums.

Enjoy

Bassman

chunky
Bubbling Under

Re: Another Album Post

Postby chunky » Sun May 04, 2014 3:54 pm

A big thank you for the hard work that you Bassman and the others have put it over the past few years and thanks to another fine post keep up the good work

Bassman
Number One

Postby Bassman » Sun May 04, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks Chunky

Kirk's the main man though, I just tell him off when he forgets things (only joking!!)

Some of those early 1950's tracks are a problem to find, but somehow he manages to magic them up from somewhere - and pretty good copies as well - they are over half a century old, amazing.

Bassman

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Mon May 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Thanks chunky, and may I say it's a team effort and the help from Bassman has been invaluable keeping the project going and moving us into the 1970s, and beyond.

One of us hardly ever mentioned but who's spent an enormous amount of time with Britburn is Lonnie (Allen) who organises and prepares the labels and cover images. It's a huge job (Tel has been busy here too and done all the album images) and one Lonnie's been doing since our inception. Many thanks Lonnie !! :D

Of course it all helps having such an interest in the charts etc. It was a lot of fun preparing the album data and felt very worthwhile as I don't think all the info is available elsewhere quite like we have it.

Cheers - Kirk

Return to ā€œ1950sā€