Cd`s Available and introduction

General UK chart chat

Moderator: ukcharts

imcal
Top Ten

Cd`s Available and introduction

Postby imcal » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:42 am

Intro

Hi Guys been registered as a memeber for a while but have just been very busy to even post anything...

I collect cd`s and have many thousands in my collection (23,000+) to be exact ive been collecting since theyve come out i have a few rotten one`s which i`m trying to replace , i buy them from all over the place inc carboots,charity,web etc..

Im almost done converting all of my cd collection into mp3 to go on my touchscreen jukebox and thought to myself hey why not go for the entire chart history so a little search and i ended up here..

--

Also i only recently discovered there are a cd collection of British Hit Parade cd`s that are out at the moment

Play.com has them if anyone is interested theyre apparently the entire 1950`s charts my local libraries also has them well most of them ie 1952,1954,1955,1956,1957 some comprise of 1 cd and others 6-8cd`s per year so they look interesting ive also just noticed spotify as a few on there as well.

I am hoping to become a active member on this forum soon, so i thought i would drop in and say hello....

so

Hello

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: Cd`s Available and introduction

Postby ukcharts » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi!

Just noticed this post ... not the fastest moving forum on the net, but welcome anyway!

We're here to combine helpful forces, so take a look around and feel free to offer or ask for anything.

We're pretty complete sorted up to 1961 (including B-sides) and 1980 (for a-sides) but we're fast approaching the CD era, so if your 23k+ collection includes singles then you'll most certainly be useful to the project :wink:

All the best,

B
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
U K C H A R T S
-- webmaster --
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 am

Sorry for the delay been ill, yes my cd collection includes cd singles as well, so hopefully i will be able to help.

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:30 pm

imcal wrote:yes my cd collection includes cd singles as well

I don't suppose you have a list of the singles?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

U K C H A R T S

-- webmaster --

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 am

hmm ive just finished ripping all of my cd`s to a 1.5tb hd in 320kbps format, for a touchscreen jukebox i am building.

I intend over the next few weeks once this festive season thingy has gone to arrange my collection into folders and then start to scan the covers etc.

Has i do this i intend to put the info with it ie year released and chart position it reached, so hopefully once this is done i can help a lot more with your project.

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:32 am

Also ive just found this site guys

http://

scans.chartarchive.org/UK/

I have all this info in some chart books i also have the latest virgin chart book but may come in handy for some.

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 pm

imcal wrote:scans.chartarchive.org/UK/

In chart terms we have a complete listing. I'm finally hoping to release the first draft of the complete 1980 decade details in the next 24 hours, after which I'll generate the chart run database for the 90s (I might actually follow it through for the 00s as we'll soon have full info there!)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

U K C H A R T S

-- webmaster --

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm

ukcharts wrote:
imcal wrote:scans.chartarchive.org/UK/

In chart terms we have a complete listing. I'm finally hoping to release the first draft of the complete 1980 decade details in the next 24 hours, after which I'll generate the chart run database for the 90s (I might actually follow it through for the 00s as we'll soon have full info there!)

If you can get the 90s and 00s posted i can start organising what i have in cd single`s i am now in the process of scanning my cd covers etc.

Return to “General”