Britburn Verify 2.27

Project status, suggestions, bugs, contact admin / webmaster

Moderators: ukcharts, kirkm

musicfan
Looking For Gigs

Britburn Verify 2.27

Postby musicfan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:12 pm

I have been getting some unexpected results using this version of verify. If I run the executable a second or subsequent time, ie search again without closing the program and re-running it, with the exception of verifying only the mp3 section I get unexpected but consistant false errors.
So running with mp3 only and then re running checking for mp3, id3v1 id3v2 and nfo I get 'missing' errors for files that exist. This also happens if I run mp3,id3v1 etc as first run and then use the same selection or just mp3 for 2nd and subsequent runs.
It looks like perhaps some variable the program is using is not being reset before subsequent runs maybe.

PS Keep up the good work it is mosr appreciated.

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: Britburn Verify 2.27

Postby kirkm » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:28 am

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. On initial testing, I was unable to reproduce your problem. Could you please provide some more information?

What operating system are you using?
What years mp3's are you attempting to verify, or does this occur for all?
Does this occur for both a-sides and b-sides?
How are you launching the bVerify program?

Could you also please attach a copy of the output of the program after both runs?

We will look into this as soon as possible. Thank you for your bug report!

musicfan
Looking For Gigs

Postby musicfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:24 am

Hi,

Have checked this out again. It would appear that the problem I am experiencing is because I was running the verify program in Avast 'Sandbox'. OS is Windows 7 Enterprise.
Avast wasn't remembering the setting - 'Open as normal' - even though it had been selected so it was quicker to just accept running it in the sandbox. Obviously that was changing the way that verify was working.

Thanks for checking this out though for me. Up to 1960's now on verify only a decade or so to check still :)

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback. It's very helpful because bVerify was written in Visual Basic 6 which is very (very) old, but until now it's worked without a problem. Obviously we'll have to port it to something newer to keep up with technology !!

Cheers - Kirk

musicfan
Looking For Gigs

Postby musicfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Still use VB6 myself. Not managed to get my head around all this new fangled visual studio stuff :). Also all the time VB6 works for me why should I!!

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:34 pm

musicfan wrote: VB6 works for me why should I!!

Yes, I know... it's great to stick with the tried and true - but as you've demonstrated... later OS's don't have the necessary support, so there's little choice ! On the to-do list is a vb.net version of bVerify but it's a month or two away. Maybe you could test it with the Avast system?

I have Win7 but it's hardly used and on an alternate boot drive as network issues haven't yet been overcome. It was disappointing to see Excel Forms are not positioned correctly due to the new 'blur' effect overlapping.

Cheers - Kirk

musicfan
Looking For Gigs

Postby musicfan » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:16 pm

More than happy to help out in anyway with testing etc. just let me know.
I think they said Windows 7 was progress but I am not sure in which direction.

Return to “The Project”