Unusual Verification Reports

Project status, suggestions, bugs, contact admin / webmaster

Moderators: ukcharts, kirkm

Triangulator
Number One

Unusual Verification Reports

Postby Triangulator » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi All,

A strange thing happens when I verify the same file in different drives. For instance, if I verify the file u54_059a in my download directory, which is on the C drive, it verifies OK. However, moving the file to my D drive it verifies as missing. Move it to my main external drive G, it verifies OK!

I have had similar results when verifying on G drive, "missing" files check OK if I move them to D drive!

I have used the same Checksum.bb in each folder, so I would expect the same results whatever drive I store the file on?

Cheers,

Triangulator

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: Unusual Verification Reports

Postby kirkm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:42 am

That's very strange. Yes, the results should be the same no matter what the destination is.

When you have a file showing as Missing - open the Checksum.bb file in Notepad and see if the file is listed there.

Is it just one file, or the whole lot ?

Are they in more than one folder ?

Also, not that it should make any difference, but how are you launching the checksum programme?

Cheers - Kirk

Triangulator
Number One

Postby Triangulator » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:12 am

Problem solved K!

My laptop was overheating, and couldn't cope with the verification process - I also had problems in Explorer when I was renaming some of my folders!

Simple solution: Use Wifey's computer to verify, then archive to external HDD! :D

Cheers, T

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:09 am

I always thought Britburn was pretty hot stuff.... but never thought it would overheat laptops !! :D :D

Glad a solution found - and checksum not the culprit !

Cheers - Kirk

Return to “The Project”