Dropbox

Project status, suggestions, bugs, contact admin / webmaster

Moderators: ukcharts, kirkm

imcal
Top Ten

Dropbox

Postby imcal » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:47 am

Received my invite link, but when i get on there it asks for username and password.

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: Dropbox

Postby kirkm » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:32 am

Hi Imcal,

Crickey.... I don't think anyone else was asked, and there's no password that I know of.

Could you contact Dropbox to find out - or does anyone else know what's going on.

Sorry for the hassle. But it'll get fixed eventually.

Cheers - Kirk

Glinty
Number One

Postby Glinty » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:16 am

Hi Imcal/Kirk,

When I joined I had to set up a user ID and password, the ID was the e-mail address that the invitation was sent to. Unless you make a point of logging out when you leave the website it automatically lets you in when you return so maybe that's why Kirk doesn't use a password or maybe he doesn't visit the website and just uses the folders on his computer which are set up when Dropbox is installed. If you don't want to download all files in the Britburn folder you can use the preferences to limit the sub-folders that you want to keep up to date. You will still be able to see all sub-folders when you visit the website.

Cheers
Glinty

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 am

Hi Glinty,

I do occasionally vist the site fom the 'Launch Website' option in the tray icon. I can't recall ever entering a password though. Just now I'm loooking in Account Settings where I see 'Reset Password'
but the spot where the old one should be is empty.

Looking under 'Referal Staus' imcal is still flagged as 'Invited' with a note that he hasn't registered yet.

Perhaps it wants him to generate a password ?

Cheers - Kirk

Glinty
Number One

Postby Glinty » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Kirk,

In the change password option no website will ever tell you what your old password was, you are expected to know it if you want to change it. Also at the top of the screen on the Account Settings page you should see your email address which means that you are logged in and also a Log Out option. If you use the log out option you will go to the Dropbox home page and not be able to see the Britburn folder until you log in again or go to the Launch Website Option in the tray icon which will automatically log you in again. I guess it uses a cookie of some sort.
If you did enter a password initially there is a Forgot Password option in the account settings which will send an email to you with a password in.

Cheers
Glinty

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby kirkm » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:15 am

Hi Glinty,

Agreed... I must have a password ! Logging out and back in proves it - but I can't recall setting one! Firefox 'remembers' it though.

Doesn't help imcal... but he doesn't seem to be around amymore.

Down to the last few EP's... some good stuff coming up ! :D

Cheers - kirk

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:18 pm

No i`m here, ill have another look at dropbox and see what i can sort out.

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 am

Changed browser from google to firefox and had no issues with the link you sent me...

Theo
Number One

Postby Theo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:53 am

Guys, please see my note in the Dropbox Britburn folder.

Return to “The Project”