Programs That May Help

Project status, suggestions, bugs, contact admin / webmaster

Moderators: ukcharts, kirkm

imcal
Top Ten

Programs That May Help

Postby imcal » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:26 am

Ok been looking for programs that may help to do some things quicker and have purchased programs but they havent really lived up to what they have promised so i kept looking and have discovered a few programs that work well..i will list them here so you guys can look at them.

--
mp3tag (FREE)

excellent program for tagging mp3, flac, ape and so on can if set up right rename folders, files take file names from folders and so on, has a excellent support forum and its FREE!.

--

Tag Scanner (FREE)

Whilst mp3tag will do what this does, this program can be easily configured to export all information to a txt file or html ideal for sticking a list on a web page etc..

--

Search & Replace Master (FREE)

Well not a must have but can come in useful point it at a folder, tell it what file to look at html, txt etc and you can search for a word and replace it or just search for it and flag it up useful for seeing if any of those cd`s you have ripped have failed by simply searching for "error or re-rip" etc

--

ReNamer by (Den4b) (FREE)

Can rename files and folders very easily it can clean up files and folders by various methods, but the best use i have found is...

Pick your year you are looking at say 1984 say if there was 423 releases create 423 folders by using creating 1 folder and then copy it over and over so you end up with 423 folders, then using excel just copy the info from the excel britburn sheet so say artist - title - year - cat - chart position etc, save that to a txt file then drag the 423 folders into ReNamer create a rule (userinput) and copy and paste that txt file into ReNamer and hey presto 423 empty folders named.

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: Programs That May Help

Postby ukcharts » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I use a program that was originally written for audio-books called BookKeeper for all my listing and tagging needs

Any Britburn releases are tagged using a special function in the spreadsheet written by Kirk.

Anything to do with text files I use Textpad. It has a very powerful macro function and a search files for text capability. I also use it for any programming I do as it has language context awareness.

My favourite re-naming programme is "1-4a rename". Very small, very powerful.

All the above are also free.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
U K C H A R T S
-- webmaster --
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Return to “The Project”