Program For Listing?

Project status, suggestions, bugs, contact admin / webmaster

Moderators: ukcharts, kirkm

imcal
Top Ten

Program For Listing?

Postby imcal » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:03 am

Does anyone know a program that will scan a folder and create a list keeping the file structure and save to either a txt, HTML, or a excel file etc.

I am looking for a way to start sharing what i have for the project any ideas?

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: Program For Listing?

Postby kirkm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:36 am

Hi Imcal,

There's heaps of ways to do this. One of the easiest is via DOS. Click Run, type 'command' go to the required folder and enter, Dir > thisdir.txt.

You end up with that text file in the folder.

Alternately 'PowerToys' (at least the older one) would let you Select All - Right Click - Send To Clipboard as Name. Then paste wherever. I have it if you want it.

Cheers - Kirk

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 am

imcal wrote:Does anyone know a program that will scan a folder and create a list keeping the file structure and save to either a txt, HTML, or a excel file etc.

There's a very configurable (and free) utility that will scan your music files and print out lists in various formats, including tag details, bitrates, duration, etc. It also handles batch tagging, re-naming and all sorts of other useful things.

http://mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net/

imcal wrote:I am looking for a way to start sharing what i have for the project any ideas?

Excellent, the more the merrier!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
U K C H A R T S
-- webmaster --
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks i will check it out, i actually brought music collector from collectors but it`s doesnt save the list the way i want it to, ie no artist , then singles, then tracks etc... and according to some it won`t be able to until a big update, so `im stuck.

Just got back from a big car boot where i spent £30 on cd singles most were 5 for a pound well they were by time i had got her down from 50p a single, so i`m pleased....

I have 6 cd rippers on the go as i speak ripping them to flac 8 the best you can get in flac, my cd collection is ever expanding so my list will be updated every week etc.

Return to “The Project”