What software for making a list

Project status, suggestions, bugs, contact admin / webmaster

Moderators: ukcharts, kirkm

imcal
Top Ten

What software for making a list

Postby imcal » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:21 am

Currently going through my cd collection and my already converted on hd cd collection for cd singles and moving them to a new folder etc

Hopefully sometime this coming week i will be in a position to create a list of the cd singles i have then post that list on this forum, but im wondering what software to use to create the list, i used to use koolguys list maker many years ago but no longer have access to this, so can anyone recommend a list maker, all of the cds ive ripped/or the one`s im currently ripping are 320kbps etc.

kirkm
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Re: What software for making a list

Postby kirkm » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi,

What information did you want in the list? Is it just a list of what's in the folder?
If so, the easiest way is 'Powertoys'. One installed you select All, right click and Send To Clipboard As Name. Then you just paste into an email, or text editor.

PS I just Googled and found the XP one is newer and may not have this feature. So try the attached. It's just the SendToX component. Right click the inf and Install.

Cheers - Kirk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ukcharts
Platinum Record (Admin)
Platinum Record (Admin)

Postby ukcharts » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Koolguy's listmaker is still available;

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/f ... views.html

I (mis)-use a utility written for mp3 audio books, but which works very well for mp3 music too. It's so configurable it hurts. And free.

http://mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net/

Bert
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
U K C H A R T S
-- webmaster --
=-=-=-=-=-=-=

imcal
Top Ten

Postby imcal » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Thanks for the program and link i will check it out, was hoping to get my cd single list done this week but due to my isp and problems i havent had the net most of the week only came back on last night..

So hopefully ill post it early next week - i am always adding to my cdsingles so this list will grow etc..

Return to “The Project”